What changes took place in Kaunas mosque?
Since the start of 2016 members of Kaunas Muslim community have been working on maintenance and embellishment in the mosque of Kaunas. Currently, the following works are completed:
- the sound system installed throughout the mosque. Friday Jumuah sermons are louder and better audible to everyone;
- old electrical distribution switchboard replaced by new one;
- a new hoover purchased, which has the function to clean and disinfect carpets. Carpets are cleaned once a year after the fasting of Ramadan;
- a mower purchased;
- a moldy black spot and forming hole removed inside the mosque;
- a handrail manufactured and installed at the entrance of the mosque;
- the old cable closet replaced and electric power increased up to 10 kW (previously, it was 4 kW).
The mosque is always looking for solutions for a cost effective use of heating during the cold season. Thus, the project started in 2017 to replace the windows and the roof of the mosque and to do building insolation from the outside. In shaa Allah
Most of the works are carried out by the members of Kaunas Muslim community, who constantly visit the mosque or by guests who briefly stay in Kaunas, Lithuania.
We would like to share with you some moments of the activities in our gallery.
To all those willing to support new projects, please click here.